Montauk Tides 2008 Montauk Weather Forecast  PHOTO GALLERY  
SurfRats.com Forum Index  SurfRats.com New Users Signup
 Surf Fishing with Surfrats.com - The Hunt for the Striped Bass continues...

Enter the VS Raffle 
TightLines!

COW HARBOR BAIT & TACKLE The Surfcaster Tightlines Tackle  Super Strike Lures  ● NJ Tackle Causeway Bait & Tackle

Troublemaker Lures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matty Fish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Troublemaker Lures Reply with quote

Does anyone have contact information for Troublemaker Lures? I think they're made in Rhode Island, but would appreciate an email or address. Thanks
Z

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its troublemakerlures@yahoo.com
vnla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought they were made in PA but I could be wrong about that.
weekendwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are made in Norristown, PA. As are Big Don's Plugs. Harry at sportfishin outlet in east norriton carries both. Very nice swimmers. Just picked up his 4.5" black surfster today. The site for harry is www.surelures.com.
PLajoie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used Steves stuff since early this spring, his medium sized surfsters in the summer are in my opinion one of if not the best plugs that is out on the market right now...his larger surfsters in bunker and herring had unmatched results early and late this fall when the bigger bait were present.Steves finish and paint jobs are unmatced and to me resemble the same true colors of the baitfish you are trying to mimic. I know he is working on some new stuff too that is gonna be out early next season. These plugs are a staple in my surfbag as they are in most of my cohorts bags.
Tinman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLajoie wrote:
I have used Steves stuff since early this spring, his medium sized surfsters in the summer are in my opinion one of if not the best plugs that is out on the market right now...his larger surfsters in bunker and herring had unmatched results early and late this fall when the bigger bait were present.Steves finish and paint jobs are unmatced and to me resemble the same true colors of the baitfish you are trying to mimic. I know he is working on some new stuff too that is gonna be out early next season. These plugs are a staple in my surfbag as they are in most of my cohorts bags.

You are so right PLjoie,
One really has to meet the guy to understand his obsession with quality and craftsmanship. Steve is one of the most meticulous plug builders I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. His wife is also an expert with an airbrush and he incorporates those skills in his plugbuilding. He is absolutely obsessed with matching baitfish colors, and Yes Steve is working on some new stuff which I had the priveledge to also Field test in the last couple weeks. These plugs which will be introduced in the Spring and will pleasantly surprise a lot of folks.
We carry the Medium and Large Surfsters at njtackle.com
You can also get them at Causeway B&T, And Freddies on the Island, but they are tough to keep in stock esp the Bunker Color.
PLajoie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have half a dozen or so of his new plugs the ones your talking about...All white on afternoon around thanksgiving..half a dozen fish at slack tide, they were the only fish I heard about or saw caught on almost a two mile stretch of water...about 10 or 11 guys out too.. Wink
gregeveryday

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After catchin those fish ...How did the paint hold up?
PLajoie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I put all of the ones I have on a table and told you to pick out the one that has caught fish, unless I told you which one it is, I doubt you could do it.....the finish is that good Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SurfRats.com Forum Index -> Surf Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: